Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Ignorant Singaporean father

You know from time to time whenever you work in retail, you deal with people. And sometimes you will occasionally meet up with unsavory characters that makes whether God himself made them inorder to test you or just to poke fun at your already-miserable life, trying desperately to get some pocket money.

Ignorant Singaporean father

I worked in a Jigsaw Puzzle store in KLCC. Now a few days ago, on a fine morning there was this Singaporean family where they came in and virtually touched everything inside my store, well bless them cause they bought atleast a couple of things, but the way the father acted had shown me that there is really this thing in this world called "assholes".

At first they were glancing at this 1000-piece jigsaw puzzle picture depicting the ever famous Totoro. Then the father suddenly turned around and gave me what I would call an insulting side scanner from his eyes, "They are so expensive just because they were imported from Japan, huh?"

"Yes." I answered coolly. Compared to my worst case, this one wasn't that really bad, but to think that he was like turn his head around, glancing at you with his stupid half-closed eyes, which was rude and insulting.

Then they chose this 108-piece puzzle, and asked after paying, that if we can help them complete it.

When I answered that it will cost them 10 cents per piece, that snobbish father said again in a rude manner, "Wah, ask you to help us do only also wanna charge money ar?"

"Yes, because I said so." Again I said it coldly. Clearly saw me temper building up, the father grabbed the merchandize and gone with his family.

And yeah, they are Singaporeans, because they openly compared our price with the SG's shops.

I'm not saying that all SG shoppers are bad, but then, some of them really think that they can ask us retailers to do whatever they want us to do without some sort of compensation. To this kind of person I would say, "Hell, who the fuck are you anyway?"

No comments: