Sunday, December 14, 2008

I'm working again!

Well starting from January 2009, The Jigsaw Puzzle store that I once worked for before a year ago will lose several people. Every year is just like that. Young people hoping for better prospects and promises of their future life leave the currrent job and get themselves into another one during the turn of every year.

The puzzle store's staff turnover rate was kinda high, most people can't stand the heat and usually leave after 3~6 months. I can only say that our salary wasn't that much good compared to those offices, since we are in retail sector, but ordering people around, asking them to do stocking , sales and merchandizing coolies and pay them for only one person's salary isn't going to help much of the problem here.

I'm really kinda financially desperate now, my internet connection has been suspended because i just can't get enough money from mum and dad. And I didn't have any part time jobs in October.

In November, I got work for like 1 day, and it was hell, I have to go back to that Isetan in KLCC and return all the stuffs into the boutique; we are pulling out from that hell hole, finally. Thank god for that cos' it makes us lose money. No promoter, no sales, have promoter, you can;t cover the costs, cos the big store sucks away 35% of the revenue you made, plus shrink rate was like enormously high....... man, it is hell.

In this month the December, things are getting better since i have so far worked 2 days for now, and have guaranteed RM80 of basic salary. the commission, which is a bonus for a part-timer like me, cos' I'm supposed to have nothing, but since I have history with the store, the boss was OK for my old rate: 0.5% for my score.

I made like RM2800++ so far, and that yields me RM14..... not much, but were able to cover my transportation fees and food dring my work. I'm kinda lucky to only have to study on Mon till thurs, and I can work the noon shift (thursday's class ends on 12pm). that's why i have been urging them to let me work 16 days per month.......

On sunday (14 Dec) I'm gonna have a small rest. My legs are killing me since the promoter job requires me to stand all day long.

No comments: