Friday, February 20, 2009

I am just addicted to Manga

I don't know why I recently just went on a spending spree on manga..... and they are not pirated copies.... they're really imported from Taiwan..... one volume can be as expensive as RM14~RM20 X_x

I buy them because I can't find them in pirated version :P . But nonetheless the paper quality is superb, and the translation is state of the art.

I recently allowed myself to succumb at the magical drawings of Kaori Yuki. I just happenned to buy her ever-famous masterpiece "Angel Sanctuary".....

Kaori Yuki was the only female mangaka besides CLAMP that ever caught my attention. Her drawing was so beautiful that it is classic.

But I can never understand how can she draw her characters so...... ambiguous in terms of gender...... I sometimes had a hard time differentiating her manga's characters... maybe that isn't the main point at all.... maybe that's the way her manga should be.... neutral..... a mixture of sexual and asexual, perfect form of aesthetics.

No comments: